Collessie, Fife

  • Collessie Parish Church

    The church is sited on a knoll above the older part of the village of Collessie.   It is believed that the site had been used for worship for many centuries, perhaps even as early as the Bronze Age.    Wha...


    12 photos
  • Former United Free Church

    This building is now called Giffordtown Hall and is no longer in ecclesiastical use. It is at the crossroad in the centre of Charlottetown on flat, grassy ground behind a boundary wall.    

     

    South elevation of Giffordtown Hall
    8 photos
  • Ladybank Church (Keir Memorial Hall)

    This church was built as the principal church in Ladybank between 1881 and 1882 by James Campbell Walker.  In 1946 the congregation moved to Ladybank Parish Church (site 1005) towards the north of the town. Keir Memorial Church then...


    1 photo
  • Ladybank Gospel Hall

    This Gospel Hall on Hill Street, Ladybank, was erected in the late twentieth century.    It is surrounded by a wooden fence.  The west and north walls are not accessible.


    5 photos
  • Ladybank Parish Church

    The church faces west onto Church Lane.    Ladybank was previously known as “The Ladybog” or “Our Lady’s Bog” and was where the monks of Lindores came to cut peat.    Originally...


    12 photos
  • Rossie House Mausoleum

    A substantial but ruined mausoleum, in a forested copse, located a short distance southeast of Rossie House off the A91 near Auchtermuchty. Although building records are lacking, the tomb was probably of 17th century construct...

  • St. Mary's Episcopal Church

     

    This church faces south onto a road running across the southern edge of Ladybank. The first service was held here in 1923.


    7 photos