Cults, Fife

  • Cults Old Parish Church

    The old parish church at Cults (derived from a Gaelic word for nook or corner) has a long history, stretching back until at least the 12th century and likely earlier. It is located a short distance north-east of Pitlessie, in t...

    Cults Old Parish Church
    1 photo
  • Cults Parish Church

    There has been a church on this site for at least 800 years.    It lies one mile east of the villa...

    Approach lane to church
    24 photos
  • Lady Mary's Wood

    This is an isolated burial in a mausoleum within the remains of an Iron Age fort, which is now densly tree covered. The mausoleum was built in parkland of Crawford Priory, which Lady Mary Lindsay had built in the early 19t...

    Crawford Priory Mausoleum
    1 photo
  • Sir David Wilkie Memorial Hall

    The Sir David Wilkie Memorial Hall was built in the centre of Pitlessie in 1897 to commemorate the famous Scottish artist who lived in the village in the early 19th century. Outside the hall is a memorial to men of the parish w...

    Wilkie Memorial Hall
    1 photo