Dalgety, Fife

  • Archibald's Hall

    Archibald's Hall in Crossgates was used at various times by different religious groups. During the 1920s it was used by a Brethren group, followed by a mission group during World War II and a Christian group until the 1970s, when it was so...

  • Cornerstone Full Gospel Church

    This church was built on the outskirts of the town in 1830 to replace the previous parish church (St. Bridget's, site number: 2227). This church was in turn replaced by the current parish church (site number: 8410) in 1981. In 1982 this ...


    13 photos
  • Dalgety Parish Church

    This irregular plan brick built church was constructed to replace the former parish church of Dalgety Bay (site number: 2229), which was becoming too small for the growing town which was expanding away from it. It was also becoming too c...


    5 photos
  • Donibristle Chapel

    This chapel was built as a private mortuary chapel for Donibristle House and nine earls of Moray are buried here. Donibristle House has now been demolished and the town of Dalgety Bay has been built on the lands formerly belonging to the...


    9 photos
  • Fordell Castle Chapel

    Mortuary chapel associated with the Hendersons of Fordell Castle, between Dunfermline and Aberdour to the east of the B916. The chapel is situated to the southwest of the castle building within the garden boundary walls. It was probably ...

  • Mossgreen Church

    This church was constructed in 1851-2 by architect David Bryce. It was built as a chapel of ease for members of the congregation who lived some distance from the parish church (site number: 2229). The church, which has now been demolished, ...


    3 photos
  • St. Bridget's Church

    Situated in a graveyard which overlooks the Firth of Forth, this church was built to serve the old village of Dalgety. This village, which had stood in the vicinity of the church, had disappeared by 1836. The original church on this site...


    28 photos
  • The Brig Hall

    The Brig Hall was originally an industrial workshop used by a number of businesses, including a wheel wright's business. It is unclear when this hall was built but it was certainly before 1840 as it was in this year that the hall was bou...

  • The Crossgates Undenominational Mission

    This hall was purpose built for worship and contained two organs. The building was abandoned by the end of the 1960s and was used by the Crawford fruit business.

  • Trinity Church

    Originally built as a Burgher chapel, this rubble built church is on the northern side of the village. There is a small birdcage bellcote on the eastern (entrance) elevation but it is likely that the original entrance was on the southern...


    10 photos