Places of Worship in Dunbog Parish in Fife Region

  • Ayton Chapel

    Ayton Chapel was built in the late seventeenth century on the site of an earlier chapel, which was gifted to Arbroath Abbey. It is located within a copse of mature trees on a flat-topped knoll and surrounded by productive ...


    5 photos
  • Dunbog Old Parish Church

    Dunbog Old Church was in the old graveyard on the edge of Dunbog, to the west of the Preceptory of Gadvan (site number: 8346).    The church was connected to the preceptory and was a possession of Balmerino Abbey.  &n...


    6 photos
  • Former Dunbog Parish Church

    The former Dunbog Parish Church was built between 1803 and 1804 by the architect James Ballingal. To the north is the graveyard and one gable of the 1822 watch house survives. The church has been converted to a house and the parish ...


    8 photos
  • Gadvan Preceptory

    Gadvan Preceptory was situated to the west of the Dunbog Old Parish Church (site 1067). It was once a cell of Balmerino Abbey.  It was known to have still been in existence in the late fifteenth century. Followin...


    1 photo