Elie, Fife

  • Convent of St. Mary Reparatrice

    Elie House was built in 1697, incorporating the remains of an earlier structure. The building became a convent in the 1970s and has recently been converted to domestic residences.   The chapel was demolished and its fine modern...


    1 photo
  • Earlsferry Chapel, Elie

    The remains of this medieval chapel are located on a grassy headland overlooking the Forth Estuary in south-east Fife, a short distance south of the former fishing village of Earlsferry. It has been suggested that the chapel ma...


    2 photos
  • Elie Free Church

    This building was built as a Free Church in 1844. In 1888 it was replaced by the Wood Memorial Church (site number: 8417), which was located on an adjacent site. Following the construction of the new church, the Free Church was used a a chu...

    Historic photograph of street frontage (probably south elevation)
    3 photos
  • Elie Parish Church

    This T plan church was built in 1639 and its tower was added in 1726.   The church lies east to west, the long axis with the tower facing south towards Elie High Street.   It is in a walled graveyard which surrounds t...

    South Elevation
    28 photos
  • St. Michael and All Angels

    This church was first erected in 1905 near the sixth tee on the golf course at Craigforth.   It was moved to its present position on Rotten Row in 1924-5, where it sits back from the road in a small plot of ground (St Gabriel's...

    South elevation
    17 photos
  • Wood Memorial Church

    This church was built on Bank Street, Elie, between 1885 and 1887 by Arthur George Sydney Mitchell.   It was a Gothic style building which faced south onto Bank Street and was situated next to the Free Church (site number: 1054...

    1944 photograph of site from southwest
    11 photos