Ferry-port-on-craig, Fife

  • Ferry-Port-On-Craig Church

    A Church of Scotland church was erected on this site in 1607, and then rebuilt in 1794, with extensive additions in 1825. It is set on sloping ground back from the southerly end of Castle Street behind the town well. The church commands ...


    22 photos
  • Our Lady Star of the Sea

    Our Lady's was built in 1939 and is widely regarded as an archictecturally distinguished church. It was given "B-list" conservation status by Historic Scotland and is a fine example of the architect, Reginald Fairlie's, work.


    9 photos
  • St. Margaret of Scotland

    This church was built in 1899.   It faces east onto Queen Street and sits in neat gravel grounds. The church itself is of a cruciform plan with an apsidal west end. Behind the building is Dickson Hall, which was built in 2004 a...


    6 photos
  • Tayport Parish Church

    This Gothic church was built by George Just in 1843 and was formerly Ferryport-on-Craig Free Church. The building faces west onto Queen Street in a primarily residential area.


    8 photos
  • United Free Church of Scotland

     

     

    This building is set in well kept ground off King Street. It is a large single storey structure with a gable roof which stretches back far to the south and has a number of additional build...


    5 photos
  • United Secesion Church

    The church faces west onto Castle Street and is set back from the road behind a gate and surrounded by gravel. The faces of the church are of both coursed and rubble bound sandstone with ashlar quoins, and the doors and windows of the ch...


    4 photos