Places of Worship in Inverkeithing Parish in Fife Region

  • Baptist Church

    This late twentieth century building is  built directly beside the road,  slightly raised from the surrounding ground level on ground which slopes upwards to the west.  


    3 photos
  • Inverkeithing Parish Church

    Inverkeithing Parish Church was built in the mid 18th century as a Burgher Church, after a disagreement about the appointing of a new minister in the town led to a break-away congregation forming. It is located close to the centre of Inv...


    9 photos
  • St-Peter-in-Chains

    Before the Second World War Roman Catholics in Inverkeithing  were associated with those in a wide area  from Dunfermline to Burntisland, but after the war the development of the Royal Naval Dockyard at Rosyth caused it to incr...

  • St. Peter's Episcopal Church

    The site of this church is on Hope Street, close to the main road from Inverkeithing to the Forth Road Bridge.    It is in a grassy precinct.    In 1899 the diocesan bishop was successfully petitioned for th...

    View of site
    11 photos
  • St. Peter's Parish Church

    There has been a church on this site since the fifth century, when St. Erat, who was a follower of St Ninian,  established a small church here.  This was later replaced by a Norman church (twelfth century) but it appears that S...


    17 photos