Kettle, Fife

  • Clatto Chapel

    There was a pre-Reformation chapel at Clatto which was suppressed in the mid sixteenth century. It has been suggested by McInnes and Richardson in their 1994 publication that the remains of a building at the rear of the steading at Downfiel...


    1 photo
  • Kettle Old Church

    The earliest known church in the parish of Kettle was located at Lathrisk (site number: 8427), near Newton of Falkland. This church was moved to the village of Kettle in 1636. The building is no longer standing, but it was probably located ...


    1 photo
  • Kettle Parish Church

    This church was built in 1832 on a cruciform plan with a five stage tower to the south.   The church is on the eastern edge of the village of Kingskettle, across the road from a graveyard which predates the building, and the si...


    21 photos
  • Kettle West

    There was a United Presbyterian church on Church Wynd, east of the railway line in the parish of Kettle. The building has now been demolished. The church was built in 1851 by James Brown and became a United Free Church in 1900. Following th...

  • Kettlebridge Chapel

    There was a pre-Reformation chapel neat Chapel House at Kettlebridge. In their book 'The Changing Face of Kettle', McIness & Richardson suggest that the remains of the chapel have been built into one of the outbuildings at Chapel House. Oth...


    1 photo
  • Lathrisk Church

    This church was consecrated in 1243 and was the principle church of the parish of Lathrisk. The church was replaced by Kettle Old Church (site number: 4645) in 1636. There is an earthwork just south of Lathrisk House which may be the site o...


    2 photos