Kilconquhar, Fife

  • Balcarres Chapel

    This chapel was built in 1635 for Lord Lindsay of Balcarres, who is buried in the chapel. It is  in a woodland clearing to the west of a private road running through the Balcarres Estate. The building consists of a single gabled cel...


    17 photos
  • Colinsburgh Associate Congregation

    A Relief church was built in Colinsburgh c.1760, shortly after the first minister was inducted. A second congregation was formed in 1800. Records show that at least one of these congregations ceased in 1842. The other congregation contin...

  • Colinsburgh Parish Church

    This church was built in 1843 as a Relief Church, possibly replacing an earlier church building on this site (site 10556). It is now Church of Scotland.   The church is a simple rectangular structure, facing north onto the...


    16 photos
  • Kilconquhar Old Parish Church

     

    The remains of the old church at Kilconquhar stand on the eastern edge of the graveyard surrounding the present parish church (site number 4699). There are three arches, each approximately twelve feet wi...


    6 photos
  • Kilconquhar Parish Church

    This cruciform church was built between 1819 and 1821, adjacent to an earlier church (site  1232). It was designed by Richard Crichton and built by R and R Dickson. The church is situated on high ground in the centre of the village,...


    19 photos
  • Kilconquhar United Presbyterian Church

    This Burgher Chapel was built in 1795 at the corner of Kirk Wynd and Greenbrig Road.   It later became a United Secession church before becoming United Presbyterian in 1847, upon the union of the Secession and Relief churches. ...

    Barnyards Burgher Chapel (site of)
    1 photo
  • Largoward Parish Church

    This church was built in 1835 as a chapel of ease. In 1860 the parish was separated from Kilconquhar parish, and is now linked with St Monans Parish Church.   It is situated at the northern edge of the village of Largoward, set...


    26 photos
  • Rires Chapel

     

    Until the early nineteenth century, a medieval chapel dedicated to St. Mary was situated to the north of the village of Colinsburgh. The remains of the chapel were removed c.1830, along with several buri...


    1 photo