Kinglassie, Fife

  • Church of Christ

    This harled and white washed church by W. Stevenson was constructed between 1975-76 and extended in 1979. It is set within a grass precinct with a tarmac car park. There is a shopping centre to the north east.


    7 photos
  • Convent of Notre Dame

    Reference was found online (www.findachurch.co.uk) to a convent being at this address (196 Colliston Avenue). However, no other information could be found at this time.

  • Dogton Stone

    This stone is all that remains of a free standing cross with Pictish symbols. The arms of the cross are now gone but some of the carvings are still visible. Its origin is uncertain but it may date to the tenth century and may mark the victo...


    2 photos
  • Former Free Church

    The Free Church in the former mining village of Kinglassie was constructed in 1844 following the Disruption in 1843. The church is set on the main road in the village and is situated within a precinct which is separated from the pavement by...


    5 photos
  • Former United Free Church

    This church was constructed in 1910 as the United Free Church in Kinglassie. It is situated on the main road in the village, very close to the Free Church which has now been converted into a private house (site number: 10528). The building ...


    3 photos
  • Kinglassie Parish Church

    The land upon which the first church was built was confirmed to Dunfermline Abbey by Robert, Bishop of St Andrews (1126-1156).   The original church was possibly constructed in the twelfth century but has undergone several phas...


    11 photos
  • St. Columba's Parish Church

    This A-listed building was built as a Church of Scotland church in 1960-61 by Wheeler & Sproson, and is still in religious use at present. The church is in the centre of Glenrothes on a corner site at a road, west of the Kingdom Shop...


    11 photos
  • St. Ninian's Parish Church

    The land upon which the first church was built was confirmed to Dunfermline Abbey by Robert, Bishop of St Andrews (1126-1156). The original church was possibly constructed in the twelfth century but has undergone several phases of altera...


    10 photos
  • The Salvation Army

    This purpose built modern Salvation Army building is set back from the road on a corner plot between Caskieberran Road and Melvinch Place. There is a grass covered area to the front of the building and to the rear there is a tarmac car p...

    View of north elevation
    16 photos