Newburn, Fife

  • Culdees Chapel

    RCHAMS Canmore database records the existence of a Culdees chapel at Balchrystie. between Upper Largo and Colinsburgh.   It alleges that Malcolm Canmore and Saint Margaret gave the village of Balchristie to the Culdees of Loch ...


    1 photo
  • Former Newburn Parish Church

    This church was built between 1814 and 1815 on a hill to the west of the old parish church which it replaced (site 8137). The site is enclosed within a rubble wall and is hidden from the adjacent road by trees.   The church is ...


    4 photos
  • Newburn Old Parish Church

    This roofless ruin is situated in a graveyard to the north of Drumeldrie, a few hundred yards from the early nineteenth century parish church which replaced it. It was consecrated in 1243. Of the medieval church only the east end remains...


    14 photos