Places of Worship in Saline Parish in Fife Region

  • Former Steelend Church

    This church was located at the eastern end of the village of Steelend, alongside a row of terraced cottages. The church was demolished during the 1980s and there are no visible remains of the building. The site is now the garde...


    3 photos
  • Roman Catholic Chapel of The Sacred Heart

    In 1930 the small villages of Saline and Steelend were attached to the presbytery of Dunfermline and in 1932 a Catholic chapel was constructed on the main road between the two villages. A larger chapel was built on the...


    2 photos
  • Saline and Blairingone Parish Church

    This parish has recently been linked with Carnock and Oakey Parish Church (sites 2188 and 10501).   This harled church with Tudor detail windows and doors was constructed in the centre of Saline in 1808-10 by William Stark. This chu...


    9 photos
  • Saline Free Church

    Saline Free Church was built by architect Louis Mercer in the centre of Saline village, close to the old parish church. It is located on ground which slopes steeply down from the southern front to the north. ...


    3 photos
  • Saline Old Kirk

    It  is possible that there may have been a church here as early as the seventh or eighth centuries, but at present there is no available information on this.  The first known church in Saline was on the outskirts of the settlem...


    8 photos
  • Steelend Community Centre

    This small building is used as a community centre for the villages of Steelend and Saline and for a short time church services were held here too. It is located just to the north of the main road through the village and there is a small ...


    3 photos