Torryburn, Fife

  • Crombie Parish Church

    This green painted wooden church has a felt covered roof which is partially covered with plastic diamond shaped tiles. The building is located on the southern edge of a small coastal settlement and is set within a small grassy precinct. Thi...


    4 photos
  • Drumfin Farm

    In the early eighteenth century, dissenting members from the established church in the parishes of Torryburn, Culross, Carnock and Dunfermline joined to form a praying society. This society held services in a barn on Drumfin Farm.


    2 photos
  • Inzievar House Chapel

    Inzievar House was constructed between 1855-6 by David Bryce for the Smith-Sligo family. This family were ardent Catholics and therefore included a private chapel in the house. The house has now been converted into private flats and the cha...


    2 photos
  • Old Crombie Parish Church

    The plan of this rectangular ruin is still evident although sections of the east gable have clearly deteriorated since the Royal Commission Inventory site visit in 1928 when triple lancet windows were recorded in the east gable. By 1998 the...


    8 photos
  • Torryburn Free Church

    The Free Church in Newmills was constructed in 1843 following the Disruption. The village of Newmills is to the west of the village of Torryburn, which is where the Parish Church of Scotland is located (site no. 2612). The Free Church has b...


    4 photos
  • Torryburn Parish Church

    Prior to the construction of the first church in Torryburn in 1616 the inhabitants worshipped in Crombie Old Parish Church (site no. 2611),  outside Torryburn to the southeast. After the construction of the first church the populati...


    13 photos