Tulliallan, Fife

  • Auld Licht Chapel

     

    The Auld Licht Chapel in Kincardine is now disused and is in the back garden of a private house. No access could be gained to the site at the time of visit (October 2007).

    Street frontage, west elevation
    2 photos
  • Burgher Chapel

    The Burgher Chapel is built of stone, and has a slate roof.    It became the Church Hall of Kincardine United Free Church which in 1929 became Kincardine Church of Scotland.     It is now converted to m...

    General view of west elevation
    8 photos
  • Chapel Hill

    It has been suggested that on this site was a Roman Catholic Chapel which was destroyed during the Reformation.   It may have been a chapel of ease for monks working away from Culrosss Abbey.    There are now no ...


    3 photos
  • Former Kincardine Roman Catholic Chapel

     

    Situated in a narrow lane in the centre of the town, this two storey rubble built house with crowstepped gables was formerly used as a Roman Catholic Chapel. No precise dates for construction or ecclesia...


    3 photos
  • Free Church

    Located near the centre of the town, this church now forms the main hall of Kincardine Community Centre. The building is situated in a precinct fronted by flat coped stepped harled walls which are topped with iron railings. There are square...


    4 photos
  • Kilbagie Chapel Site

    A possible early chapel site in Kilbagie, associated with the parish church at Clackmannan. The site is off the A977 between Clackmannan and Kincardine.   The Register of Cambuskenneth Monastery suggests that the church at Clac...

  • Kincardine United Presbyterian Church

     

    Situated near the centre of the town, this D-plan building was originally a United Presbyterian church,, built in 1819. A prominent tower was added to the northern elevation in the mid nineteenth century...


    5 photos
  • Longannet Point

    See site 2127

  • Longannet Point

    Possible early church site near Longannet Point, but no remains of a structure have yet been found (Canmore Id 48071).

    The etymology of Longannet (Lann Na H-Annaide, lit. ‘Former Church Enclosure’) suggests that there...

  • Overton Chapel Site

    This site is just outside Kincardine to the north. Access is difficult, and the information presented here is from previous observations and archive material.  It was the site of an early pre-Reformation chapel which was later repla...

  • St. Thenew and St. Serf's Roman Catholic Church

     

    This church, built in the 1970s, is surrounded by private houses.  The church is now disused and is suffering from poor maintenance.


    4 photos
  • Tulliallan Old Parish Church

    This church, which was built in 1675-6, is situated  in a graveyard on the northern edge of KincardineThe church was replaced by the current parish church (site no. 4656) in 1833 and fell into a ruinous condition.    ...


    13 photos
  • Tulliallan Parish Church

    This church was constructed in 1833 the on the site of a distillery. It was built as a replacement for the former parish church (site no. 4616) which is at the top of a rise to the north of the new church. The church is in a grass precin...


    8 photos