West Free Church, Earlston

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 57410 38480, map


Address

High St
Berwick
Scotland

Description

West Free Church, Earlston

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

West Free church is a village church in a street and was built in 1778. It was originally an Antiburgher church, before being a Free Church. It is now no longer in use. It was used as a church hall from 1887, before being converted into a garage in the 1950s. It has recently been used as an agricultural merchant's store (Millars). It is in good condition, although the fabric of the building has been changed to accommodate the new uses. The walls are built in dressed stone and are painted, while the roof is slated. Researched by G. Binnie, compiled by J. Dowling, 3/11/03.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1778)