Wesleyan Chapel, Ward Road, Dundee

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 39980 30380, map


Address

15 - 19 Ward Road
Dundee
Angus
DD1 1ND
Scotland

Introduction

This Methodist church was built in 1866 by David Mackenzie, and is a simple 3-bay aisled Gothic structure, with a 6-bay nave and basement halls. It is built in painted rubble, with painted ashlar dressings, and has a slate roof. The front elevation has finialled buttresses, as does the side onto Rattray Street. The front also has a 5-light geometric-traceried gallery window. The side aisles have 2-light pointed windows with hoodmoulded carving. It is no longer in use as a church, and is now a night club.

J. Dowling


Events:

  • Chapel: Build/construction (1866)
    People: David Mackenzie