Buckhaven Christian Fellowship

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 36050 98700, map


Address

Institution Street
Buckhaven
Fife
KY8 1DB
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Assembly of God (1969)
  • United Free Church (1934)

Introduction

This site was originally a United Free Church, though it was bought by the Pentecostal Church in 1969.    At this time it was named the Assembly of God, and later became known as the Christian Fellowship. The building was demolished at the end of 2006. At present the site is wasteground but the site has been purchased for the construction of houses.


Description

The building was of brick. with harled walls, of a plain rectangular plan with entrance in the gable. There were buttresses diving the square-headed, mullioned windows on the sides and a large, pointed arch window in the main gable.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1934)
    There was a date stone beside the front entrance with the inscription \'Stone laid 19 May 1934\'.
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (2006)
    Demolished end 2006.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10476