Muiredge Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 35800 98160, map


Address

Church Street
Buckhaven
Fife
Scotland

Introduction

This church is no longer visible, having been demolished in 1992. At present two semi-detached houses stand on the site. The building was constructed in 1885 as a ‘daughter church’ to St. David’s Church (site no. 4620), now known as Buckhaven Parish Church.
(A.G May 2007)


Description

Muiredge Church

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Walls; Harled - Walls; Slate - Roof;


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
United Free ChurchDenomination1885-1939

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1885)
    Opened 2nd July 1885.
  • Church: Union (1939)
    In 1939 the congregation dissolved and amalgamated with another church in the town.
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1992)
    The building was demolished in July 1992 and semi-detached houses were built on the site.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
CSA: Inventory of Scottish Church Heritage - HardcopyReference: 10479William Webster