St. Michael's Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 35900 98220, map


Address

Michael Street
Buckhaven
Fife
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Buckhaven Parish Church (1913)
    In 1929 name changed to St. Michael's Parish Church.

Introduction

This church was constructed in 1901 to supplement St. David's Church.    At the amalgamation of the Churches of Scotland in Buckhaven in 1972 the building was found to require extensive repairs and was therefore declared unserviceable and was demolished in 1972.   Its baptismal font  now stands in the grounds of Buckhaven Parish Church (site no. 4620).    There are no visible remains of this church, and private houses now occupy the site.


Description

The church was built of stone and harled.   The roof was of slate.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Church of ScotlandDenomination1900-1972
Mr Alexander TodArchitect1901-1902

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1901 to 1902)
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1972)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Dictionary of Scottish Architects - Online databaseReference: M024249
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10481

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Auld Buckhyne: A Short History of BuckhavenRankin, Frank1986p. 43