Crombie Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 04900 84880, map


Address

Ordnance Road
Crombie
Fife
Scotland

Introduction

This church is on the southern edge of a small coastal settlement with a modern housing estate to the north and west and Ministry of Defence land to the south.     The church is in a small grassy precinct surrounded by a wooden fence to the east, west and south and a wire fence to the north and open grassy areas beyond surrounding this.


Description

This is a painted wooden church with a felt covered roof which is partially covered with plastic diamond shaped tiles.


A small gabled porch extends from the centre of the eastern elevation.    There is a window with a painted frame on the eastern face of the porch and a door on the return to the south.    The door has a small diamond shaped window near the top.    There is a small  painted wooden bellcote on the apex of the gable end with a bell bearing the date 1854.

There are four windows on the southern face with painted frames.

The western elevation is mostly obscured by the longer arm of an L-shaped low extension at the back of the church. The section of gable visible above the extension is covered with painted corrugated iron. The three windows on the western face of the extension have painted frames.

On the northern elevation there are three rectangular windows with painted frames.   The western end of the elevation is obscured by the shorter arm of an  L-shaped extension.   There are two windows on the northern face of this extension and a wooden panelled door in the return to the east.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Church of ScotlandDenominationNOW

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10503