Gallatown Free Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 29600 93800, map


Address

Rosslyn Street
Kirkcaldy
Fife
KY1 3AB
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Gallatown United Free Church Hall (1884 uncertified)
  • Palladium Picture House

Introduction

This church was built in 1861 as a mission from Dysart Free Church. It was replaced by a new church in 1884 (site number: 8130) and became the church hall. It changed use several times again before eventually being demolished.


Description

Gallatown Free Church

Following the construction of the new church building, this building became the church hall. When it was no longer needed as such it became a picture house and then a carpet store before being demolished.

(Stuart Mee, December2007)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Free ChurchDenomination1861-1884
Mr James PringleArchitect1861
United Free ChurchOwner1884-196

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1861)
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1960)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Dictionary of Scottish Architects - Online databaseReference: M032438

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Kirkcaldy\'s Churches Brief HistoriesKirkcaldy Civic Society1999p. 39