Drumfin Farm

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 03400 86900, map


Address

Drumfin Farm
Torryburn
Fife

Introduction

In the early 1700s there was a strong dissenting element in certain parishes and those from the parishes of Torryburn, Culross, Carnock and Dunfermline joined together to form a praying society. This group held services in a barn on Drumfin Farm. An increase in numbers resulted in the society acceding to the Associate Presbytery on the 1st November 1737, with whom they remained connected until 1747.

.


Events:

  • Agricultural: Build/construction (1700)
    The barn was built before the early eighteenth century.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10520

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Cairneyhill Church, A Brief HistoryWestwood, H.1993