Convent of St. Mary Reparatrice

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 49500 00800, map


Address

Elie House
Elie
Fife
KY9 1AS
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Convent Of St. Mary Reparatrice (c1970)
  • Elie Estate (c1697)
  • Elie House

Introduction

Elie House was built in 1697, incorporating the remains of an earlier structure. The building became a convent in the 1970s and has recently been converted to domestic residences.   The chapel was demolished and its fine modern stained glass windows were removed  in the early twenty first century and installed in St Margaret's Memorial Church, Dunfermline (site number: 4682).


Events:

  • Convent: Build/construction (1697)
    The house was built.
  • Convent: Alteration/conversion (1854 to 1855)
    The east front became the principle frontage when the majority of the 1697 building was removed.
  • Convent: Addition (1855)
    Addition of a balcony and a double flight of steps.
  • Convent: Removal (2000 uncertified)
    Stained glass windows removed. Now in St. Margaret\'s Memorial Church , Dunfermline (site number: 4682)
  • Convent: Addition (b180)
    In the late eighteenth century the house was extended by one bay.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 32568
Historic Scotland Listed Building Reports - Online databaseView HS Listing Online: 9000
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10544