The Brig Hall

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 14550 88950, map


Address

60 Main Street
Crossgates
Fife
KY4 8DA
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Baptist Hall
  • The British Legion

Introduction

The Brig Hall was originally an industrial workshop used by a number of businesses, including a wheel wright's business. It is unclear when this hall was built but it was certainly before 1840 as it was in this year that the hall was bought and taken over as chapel. The hall is referred to as being at different times a Baptist hall, a mission hall and a Christian meeting place. It appears to have been used as a place of worship until after World War II when the amalgamation of two mission groups resulted in this hall being surplus to requirements. It was then bought over as a venue for the British Legion.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
BaptistDenomination18M
British LegionOwner195-NOW

Events:

  • Hall: Build/construction (1840B)

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Some Notes on the History of the Crossgates Area in West FifeHunter, T. F2002pp. 226-7