Brucefield Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 09640 86870, map


Address

Brucefield Avenue
Dunfermline
Fife
KY11 4TB
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Brucefield Tin kirk

Introduction

This corrugated iron church was  adjacent to the current St. Leonard's Parish Church (site  4683). This "tin kirk" preceded the St. Leonard's church, which was built in 1902-4 using a bequest from William McLaren, a Dunfermline manufacturer.    There are no visible remains of the church.


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Church of ScotlandDenomination1902

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1894 uncertified)
    Mention is made of a temporary church being opened at Brucefield in February 1894 to accommodate the needs of a growing population.
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1902 uncertified)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
CSA: Inventory of Scottish Church Heritage - HardcopyReference: 4683Robert McEwan
Dunfermline Press Archives - Online databaseReference: 1894Mention is made of a temporary church opening at Brucefield in February 1894 to accommodate the needs of a growing population.
Dunfermline Press Archives - Online databaseReference: 1894
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 10581