St Margarets Episcopal Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 12150 84980, map


Address

Masterton Road
Mastertown
Fife
Scotland

Also known as:

  • St Margaret’s Episcopal Chapel
  • Mastertown Episcopal Church
  • Masterton Episcopal Church

Introduction

Site of the demolished Chapel of St Margaret, an Episcopal church set up in Masterton to replace a previous venue at Abbey Cottage. The church was built in 1888 and consecrated by Bishop Wordsworth of St. Andrews on 25 May, 1889. With the death of the property’s patrons and renters the building fell into disrepair, with services ceasing before the first World War. The church was deconsecrated in 1946 and subsequently demolished.


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Major Thomas Martin Capponarchitect1888

Events:

  • Church: Built (1888)
  • Church: Consecrated (1889)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 96583
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 8044

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
A History of the Fitpaths and Streets of Dunfermline:Then and now.Pitcairn, S.2007.