Townhill Mission Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 10500 89500, map


Address

Townhill
Fife
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Townhill Mission Hall

Introduction

According to historic records, a Mission Hall was built in Townhill, near Dunfermline in 1878. The exact location is unknown and the building has presumably been demolished.


Description

According to Dictionary of Scottish Architects, the building was erected in 1878 at a cost £1,500.  The seating capacity was 400. Fife county records, however, indicate a congregation size of about 200.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Andrew Scobiearchitect

Events:

  • designed (1874)
  • Plans approved by Presbytery (28 December 1876)
  • Advertisement for tenders (3 February 1877)
  • Tenders accepted (8 March 1877)
  • Foundation stone (May 1878)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Dictionary of Scottish Architects - Online databaseReference: Townhill Mission