Dunfermline Catholic Apostolic Congregation

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 09160 87500, map


Address

Horsemarket Street (Now Douglas St)

Dunfermline
Fife
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Holy Catholic Apostolic Congregation

Introduction

The New Statistical Account (1844-5) mentions that a Catholic Apostolic congregation at Dunfermline, founded in 1835, used to meet in rooms on Horsemarket Street. The account lists their membership at approximately 40.

According to Chambers Vol.2 (P.319) the congregation later moved to a venue in Maygate, vacated by the Scottish Baptist Church, on 7th July 1854.


Events:

  • Apostolic congregation used rooms (1835)
  • Congregation moved to Maygate (1854)

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
A History of the Fitpaths and Streets of Dunfermline:Then and now.Pitcairn, S.2007.