Cross Church, Dundee

National Grid Reference (NGR): SV .0000 .0000, map


Address

Dundee
Scotland

Also known as:

  • St. Paul's and St. David's (1948 uncertified)
    the amalgamation of two congregations after the roof of St. David's collapsed in 1947.
  • South (1759)
    see 10695

Introduction

There is little reference in existing documents to the Cross Church apart from its existence.

It was a number of church structures originally attached to St Mary's Church. After a fire in 1841 Cross Church appears to have been sited in the southern half of the transept and named St. Paul's (South) church (see 10695).

The north part of the transept is now an access passage to the linking buildings. Researched and written by K. Nichols


Events:

  • Church: Alteration/conversion (1759)
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1841)

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Lost DundeeC McKean and P Whatley2008