Chalmers United Free Church Site

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 39579 30144, map


Address

Hunter Street
Dundee
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Chalmers Territorial Chapel

Introduction

The site of the former church lay as grass for several decades but in 2007 was redeveloped by the University of Dundee. It is a corner plot at the north edge of the campus and is now adjacent to a major arterial route from the city centre to Hawkhill/Blackness. K. Nichols 11/08.


Description

Chalmers United Free Church Site

Built and opened for November 1852 in a Perpindicular Gothic style. It was situated on rising ground amongst a built up street of tenements. K. Nichols 11/08.


Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Old Dundee in PicturesPhotopolisPhotopolis. Publication date unknown Old Dundee in Photographs[ONLINE] Available at http://photopolis.dundeecity.gov.uk/wc0326.htm [Accessed 20 December 2017]
maps.nls.ukNational Library of ScotlandNational Museum of Scotland, Publication date unknown Town Plans/Views, 1580-1919 [ONLINE] Available at http://maps.nls.uk/view/109707668 [Accessed 20 December 2017]