St Johns Church, Camelon

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 86750 80500, map


Address

Glasgow Road, Stirling Rd, Fal
Stirling
Scotland

Description

St Johns Church, Camelon

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

St. John's Parish Church was designed by David Rhind and built in 1838, at a cost of 1100 pounds. It was originally a rectangular plan with a Romanesque porch, simple and well-proportioned. It features an advanced bay with three-arched windows. There is a bellcote to the north gable. A Romanesque aisle was added in 1924 by Peter MacGregor Chalmers, fronting the original. The nave was also lengthened. Two halls were added in the 1920s. It is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Written and researched by J. Dowling, 9/8/03.

Aisle

Date: 1924

Bellcote

Date: 1838


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1838)
    People: David Rhind
  • Church: Addition (1924)
    Feature: Aisle.
    People: P Macgregor Chalmers