Pitreavie's Hospital

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 12170 84940, map


Address

Masterton Road
Masterton, Dunfermline
Fife
Scotland

Introduction

The only reference traced is from fieldwork notes by R.McEwan, this is to a church founded in 1675 with 'four rooms still standing in favour of four widows' ;   this only mentions Masterton, Dunfermline, but refers to it as a church, rather than a hospital.


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Sir Henry WardlawFounder1675Founded the church in 1675 with "four rooms, still standing, in favour of four widows."

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 50913
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 2269