North Church of St Andrew, Aberdeen

National Grid Reference (NGR): NJ 94380 06550, map


Address

Queen Street
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire
Scotland

Introduction

North Church of St Andrew was built in 1905 as the North United Free Church. The architect was W. E. Gauld and was designed in a bold classical style. It features a lofty pediment with ionic columns, balustrading and two doorways from the street. There is a large suite of rooms, halls, a chapel and caretaker's flat located in a three-storey building adjoining the church and room beneath the church. The church was united with Greyfriars' John Knox Church in 2004.


Description (interior)

The interior is spacious with galleries on three sides and a platform accomodating a preacher's desk, organ console and choir seating. The church was united with Greyfriars' John Knox Church in 2004.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1905)
    People: W.e. Gauld (Architect)