Strathconon Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NH 29210 53860, map


Address

Strathconon
Ross and Cromarty
Scotland

Description

Strathconon Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This parish church is situated 1. 2 km south-west of the hamlet of Strathconon. It is a T-plan church, built with rubble walls and a slate roof. It is a 'Parliamentary' church, built to the master design of William Thomson by John Davidson and Thomas Macfarlane in 1830. It has arched doors and traceried windows with lattice glazing. There is a birdcage bellcote on the west gable. The interior has been much altered over the years. A contemporary manse is located nearby. J. Dowling, 10/1/05.

Nave

Bellcote

Stained Glass


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1830)
    People: William Thomson