West Parish Church
National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 16520 91380, map
Also known as:
- West Church
This church was constructed in 1896-8 on the corner of Broad Street and Natal Place, to accommodate the growing congregation of Beath Parish Church (site 3799; now called Beath and Cowdenbeath North Church). It was in the centre of Cowdenbeath and would have been visible from a large area because of its tower and steeple on the corner of the building. The church has now been demolished, having been replaced in 1968 by a new church in Sinclair Drive. The new building took over the name of this church but is now known as Trinity Church (site 7759). Two red brick built buildings now occupy the site. On the adjoining plot on Natal Place there is a large two storey sandstone building dated 1906 which may once have served as the manse for the church.
People / Organisations:
|Church of Scotland||Denomination||1897-1968|
- Church: Build/construction (1896 to 1898)
Opened June 1898.
- Church: Destruction/demolition (1990 uncertified)
|Dictionary of Scottish Architects - Online database||Reference: M026323|
|Canmore - Online database||View Canmore Report Online: 239757|
|Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline database||Reference: 4582|
|Buildings of Scotland: Fife||Gifford, J||1988||p. 131|
|Old Cowdenbeath||Hutcheson, J.||1998||p. 8|