Guest Hall, St Andrews Cathedral

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 51340 16570, map


Address

The Pends
St Andrews
Fife
KY16 9RD
Scotland

Introduction

It would appear a guest hall was built in the grounds of St Andrews Cathedral, in what is now within the garden of the 19th century Bishopshall, which is just off the Pends Road and the boundary wall of the Cathedral grounds. Only a small segment of sandstone wall survives of the guest hall and it does not appear to have been a place of worship itself.

J Dowling 2017


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Pre-reformation Church of ScotlandDenomination1200SM-1560

Events:

  • Wall: Build/construction (1200sm)
  • Wall: Excavation (1896)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Historic Scotland Listed Building Reports - Online databaseView HS Listing Online: 40593
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 34300
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 4712

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
St Andrews Standard GuideFleming, D. H.Page: 48.