Belhaven Church, Dunbar

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 67860 78770, map


Address

Belhaven Rd, Dunbar
East Lothian
Scotland

Description

Belhaven Church, Dunbar

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church is located on the side of the A1 road, east of Belhaven village. At the disruption it was used for several years by the Free Church. On being recovered by the Church of Scotland, the Free Church congregation established itself at the Abbey Church (site 4839). It has dark red whinstone walls, and a tower and gable in pale grey Catcraig stone. The roof is slated. The church is in very good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Researched by J. Russel, compiled by J. Dowling, 29/9/03. (could be same site as 2256.)


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1838 to 1840)