Abbey Church, Dunbar

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 68010 78710, map


Address

High St, Dunbar
East Lothian
Scotland

Description

Abbey Church, Dunbar

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church was built at the south end of High Street near to the Old Bowling Green and the site of Maison Dieu (site 8509). The original Free Church congregation met at first in Belhaven Church (site 2256) until around 1850. In 1917 it united with the former Secession Church, by then a United Free Church (site 4847). It united with the Parish Church (site 2258). The church is no longer in use and was latterly used as an antique furniture store. The exterior is in good condition. Researched by J. Russel, compiled by J. Dowling, 29/9/03.

Gate


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1850)