Crimond Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NK 05380 56760, map


Address

Logie Avenue East
Crimond
Aberdeenshire
Scotland

Description

This parish church was built in 1812 (probably by Robert Mitchell) with granite walls and a slate roof, with alterations carried out in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is a basic rectangular or box structure with Gothic windows. There are two large arched windows in the side walls and smaller ones in the gables (round arched and square). A slender spire stands on top of an octagonal tower which rises from a square base built into the gable. The clockface on this tower interestingly has 61 minutes! The church has harled walls painted white, with granite surrounds and dressings. The piended roof is slated. The church sits in a walled graveyard, which has numerous 17th and 18th century tombs and monuments (as well as later ones). The church and grounds are very well maintained and the church remains in full ecclesiastical use.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1812)
  • Church: Addition (1895)
  • Church: Build/construction (1905)
    Additional: Rebuilt