St Johns West Tower, Haddington

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 51240 73910, map


Address

Court Street, , haddington, Ha
East Lothian
Scotland

Description

St Johns West Tower, Haddington

Construction materials: Stone (rubble, bound) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church was built in 1860 but now only the entrance tower remains. It was built in sandstone rubble with a semi-circular arched doorway with a moulding above. The church had a string course (horizontal line or course of moulded stone projecting from the wall) and the tower has a battlemented parapet and pyramid roof. The remaining tower section is now part of a house and is used domestically. Researched by R. Sinton, compiled by J. Dowling, 20/11/03 and 22/12/04.

Tower

Date: 1860

Carved stone

Roof


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1860)