St Mary's Episcopal Church, Broughty Ferry

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 46070 31030, map


Address

Queen Street
Broughty Ferry
Dundee
Angus
Scotland

Introduction

This Episcopal church was built in Broughty Ferry in 1858 by Sir George Gilbert Scott and added to in 1870, and has been described as unpretentious from the outside. The rather plain exterior hides the splendid interior, with a chancel that was lengthened by Sir Robert Lorimer in 1911. Lorimer also made the pulpit, screen, choir stalls and reredos. There is a Garden of Remembrance outside. The church is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

J. Dowling


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1848)
    People: Gilbert Scott