St John the Baptist Episcopal Church, Dundee

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 41110 31370, map


Address

116 Albert Street
Dundee
Dundee
Angus
Scotland

Introduction

This city church was designed by the Rev Edward Sugden in 1885 and consecrated the following year. Its design features a French-style roof. The sanctuary and chancel are panelled in late Gothic style, with similarities to King's College Chapel, Aberdeen. The open wood roof and pillars help give the interior a Scandinavian feel. There is a reredos by William Hole and a font cover designed as a wooden spire. The church has disabled access and toilet facilities.

J. Dowling


Description

 


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1887)
    People: Rev. E. Sugden