St James, Goldenacre

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 24640 75940, map


Address

Inverleith Row, Inverleith
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH3
Scotland

Description

St James, Goldenacre

A 14th century gothic church. Around 1921, Douglas Strachan added a small, 2 light, stained glass window in the Baptistry featuring Christ blessing children. Many windows have stained glass windows, mostly by Ballantine and Gardiner, including the five lights (life of Christ) of the east window. There is one in the NE chancel featuring th Good Samaritan by Henry Payne. White marble font and deep dado.

Stained Glass

Date: 1921


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1888)
    People: Rowand Anderson
  • Church: Addition (1921)
    Feature: Window.
    People: Douglas Strachan