Wishart Memorial Church, Dundee
National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 40650 30750, map
Completed in 1844 this Gothic Revival church is at the eastern edge of the city centre. Its principal elevation faces north and it sits on a major road into the centre. As it sits on rising ground the church is one storey high on King Street but the south facing section is 4 storeys high. The tower is on the east of the building and there are domestic style extensions and a boundary wall attached. K. Nichols
The construction of this Secession church began in 1837. The U-planned galleried structure is supported on cast-iron Corinthian columns. The gabled front has a large memorial stained glass window with tracery. The missionary Mary Slessor worshipped here between 1869-76. The church is currently used by several community groups for activities.
J. Dowling, K. Nichol
- Church: Build/construction (1844)