Roseangle Ryehill Parish Church, Dundee

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 39550 29760, map


Address

130 Perth Road
Dundee
Scotland

Introduction

This is a town church on a prominent corner site, originally named St. John's Free Church. Built by architect, James Hutton it was opened 14 February 1884. The church has a tall, Gothic tower and spire, with pinnacles and narrow, round-arched openings and lights. The lower round-arch windows have pediments, while the front gable has a large, traceried window. It was built in sandstone and has a slate roof, and is in good condition and full ecclesiastical use.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1884)
    People: James Hutton
  • Church: Build/construction (1884)
    People: James Hutton