St Luke's Church, Broughty Ferry

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 45670 31170, map


Address

5 West Queen Street
St Luke's Church, 5 West Queen
Dundee
Angus
DD51AU
Scotland

Description

St Luke's Church, Broughty Ferry

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This is a town church in a street, and has red sandstone walls and a slate roof. It was built in 1884 and was originally a Free Church, constructed for a breakaway congregation with an unusual fondness for church music. The church is cruciform in plan and features stained glass by Morris and Company in the apse. It is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Researched and written by J. Dowling, 14/10/2004.

Stained Glass

 


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1884)
    People: Hippolyte J Blanc