St Michael's Parish Church, Crieff

National Grid Reference (NGR): NN 86700 21860, map


Address

Strathearn Terrace
Perth
Scotland

Description

St Michael's Parish Church, Crieff

St Michael's Church has a tower which used to contain a 41 inch bell (now resting on the ground floor). It was dedicated to Lt-Colonel C. East Stewart of The Black Watch. The bell was hung in 1920 and was one of the last bells cast by John Warner and Sons of the Spitalfields Foundry, London. The bell was taken down after the timber fittings and framework became decayed. A loud speaker system is now used. The churchalso has a bell cast in 1605. It seems to have Continental origins, shown by its decoration which is not known on any other bell in Scotland. J. Dowling, 21/10/04. Added to 17/11/04


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1882)
    People: G T Ewing, Crieff