Salvation Army

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 09150 87480, map


Address

Pilmuir Street
Dunfermline
Fife
KY12 0QG
Scotland

Introduction

This building is situated on a street corner, at the junction of Pilmuir Street and Campbell Street. The building is set directly onto the pavement with no surrounding precinct. Before moving to this building in the early 1950s, the Salvation Army were located in a building on Carnegie Drive, now known as The Foundry Bar and Restaurant (site no. 10637)


Description (exterior)

The walls of this hall are harled.    Projecting from the principal (western) elevation is a lower hipped roofed bay which contains the main door (this is covered by roller shutters).   Above the door is the Salvation Army insignia.    The side (north and south) elevations are divided into four bays by three buttresses and at the back (east) of the building there is a projecting  bay which is slightly shorter and wider than the main body of the building.


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Salvation ArmyDenomination1952-NOW

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1952)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 6503