St John and St Columba Roman Catholic Church, Rosyth

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 11880 83510, map


Address

Admiralty Road and Crossroads Place
Rosyth
Fife
Scotland

Introduction

This Roman Catholic Church was opened in the early 1970s to serve the expanding population of Rosyth. It is on the north east corner of the junction of Admiraty Road (the A965, the main road through Rosyth) and Holbourn Road at Crossroads Place. It is associated with St Peter in Chains, Inverkeithing.


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Roman CatholicDenomination1926-NOW
Mr Alfred Hugh MottramArchitect1926Dictionary of Scottish Architects: Y000003.

Rosyth Parish Church (1929) (site no: 8042) and St. John and St. Columba (1926) (site no: 6703) are both by Mottram.

Mottram is mentioned in Gifford pp. 354-355.

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1926)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Dictionary of Scottish Architects - Online databaseReference: M018499
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 153448
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 6703

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Buildings of Scotland: FifeGifford, J1988p. 355