National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 51310 16830, map
24 The Scores
Also known as:
- Catholic Chaplaincy
This building, known as Canmore, located opposite St. James' Catholic Church, houses the Catholic Centre for the University of St Andrews. Within the building is St. Margaret's Chapel, which is used as a place of worship by the Catholic society.
St. Margaret's Chapel
The chapel is located within the Catholic Centre of the University of St Andrews and is used by the catholic society as a place of worship.
People / Organisations:
|Religious of the Assumption||Denomination||B1990-1993||Worked with students in chaplaincy.|
|University of St. Andrews||Occupier||1964-NOW||This building, owned by the archdiocese, houses the Catholic Chaplaincy for the University of St Andrews.|
|Gillespie and Scott||Architect||1895||architects. Built Canmore as a private residence for a Professor Ritchie.|
|Society of Missionaries for Africa (White Fathers)||Owner||1947-1958||Used as a House of Studies for the Order|
|Brothers of Christian Instruction||Owner||1958-1964||Used as a House of Studies & lodged Catholic students of the University.|
- Chapel: Build/construction (1985)
|Buildings of Scotland: Fife||Gifford, J||1988||p. 398|
This building is noted as CANMORE in John Gifford's book.
|The Catholic Church in St Andrews, 1884-1984||Peter King||1984|
|The Good, the Bad and the Holy: Church and Congregation in St Andrews||St Andrews Museum Exhibition Group||2003|